Automated Rack and Pinion Service Rig with push pull capability.
An even more agile package than the SRR-150 for faster rig moves.
Capable of working in vertical and slant configuration.
The Swift Slant has the capability of working on any well angle.
Ideal for deep well workovers and lighter drilling jobs.
The Prostar Advantage
Prostar Rig Capabilities vs. Conventional Rigs
Prostar Rig Capabilities 50,000lbs. of Push Capability Slips on the carriage can bite anywhere on the pipe and provide a downward push to get through tight spots on directional wells.
Conventional Rigs Block and tackle setups on conventional rigs cannot push pipe.
Prostar Rig Capabilities Programmable carriage speeds have been identified to increase pump life, and our speeds reach a maximum of 6.3 feet per second. Manufacturers of down-hole tools will provide a recommended speed that the Operator can set the system to maintain through the entire trip.
Conventional Rigs Conventional rig speed can only be managed by the Drillers perception of the speed and control over the brake handle. Workers also must grab the elevators as they are descending and injuries have occurred from blocks descending too fast.
Critical Zone Management System (Crown)
Prostar Rig Capabilities Prostar’s carriage system is programmed so it can never strike the crown. The system will automatically low down and stop at the unchangeable height. Operators may put a stop program below that point if necessary.
Conventional Rigs Conventional workers must remember to adjust and test mechanical crown savers after things like slip and cuts. Drillers are responsible for leaving enough of a height allowance that if the blocks travel, after the saver is tripped, that it won’t strike the crown. This leaves the conventional crown savers open to human error and has caused fatalities in the well service industry.
Critical Zone Management System (Floor)
Prostar Rig Capabilities Prostar’s Critical Zone Management System automatically slows down the carriage as it approaches working height and stops, preventing the Operator from striking the floor. The system also interprets information from the Tong Centering Sensor (the sensor that automates the tongs in moving to hole center) and will automatically change from floor height to the height of the extended tongs. This means that human errors that can cause floor or equipment collisions are eliminated.
Conventional Rigs Conventional floor savers are a button the Operator can hit if he loses control of the blocks. There is no prevention of human errors.
Prostar Rig Capabilities The mast, top drive, BOPs and accumulator are all certified to API 4F standards. View our Certification page.
Conventional Rigs Currently, almost no conventional service rigs have API certification.
See large time reductions in primary service rig tasks.
Positive and Negative Hook
Prostar Rig Capabilities Load read outs: the hook load outs are extremely accurate and can show both push and pull weights.
Conventional Rigs Conventional rigs can only show positive hook load.
Large Hydraulic Rig Floor
Prostar Rig Capabilities The floor can be set between 12’-22’ from ground without modifications, adjustments or specialized tools and has three adjustable egress points. The floor lays over hydraulically and utilizes very few floor legs. The floor is made of a durable composite material with textured traction coating.
Conventional Rigs Conventional rig floors are limited by floor weight and size. Because conventional rigs are not designed for low or high floor positions, special brackets are clamped on (time consuming task) to position the floor in these positions. This leads to other problems like the Operator’s visibility and egress.
Gardner Denver Triplex Pump 4X5 x 5K
Prostar Rig Capabilities Gardner Denver Triplex pump capable 0.98m3/ minute at 5000 kPa. Placed on rig carrier eliminating an entire truck and diesel burning engine. This reduces risk during rig move and spotting activities, is one less piece of equipment that can cause downtime and has hundreds of liters of fuel savings passed onto the client each day.
Conventional Rigs Conventional pumps vary in size but are not normally name brand models with OEM replacement parts. Conventional rigs utilize a pump truck which has a rig sized diesel engine. It takes time to properly spot and provide maintenance (such as oil changes) for these trucks.
Rig Task Benefits
- Proven Automated Pipe Handling. The tong handler on the tongs, the tong door gate, the programming and the hydraulic elevators have been tested, modified, replaced by new designs, retested and are currently undergoing even more efficient modifications. Prostar has proven through relentless pursuit and state of the art equipment that hands-free pipe handling is possible. Our experience and data has created a well-balanced hands free pipe handling system.
- ESP Cost Savings. Only three men are needed to run tubing in the hole. Two are in the operator’s cab running controls and another to remove thread protection and dope pin ends. With our other client, we have been able to utilize the third person and a fourth person to do all the ESP cable clamping. This eliminates the need for a third party to conduct this work.
- Pre-Fabs. Prostar has constructed steel pre-fabs that fit into the handrail pockets of the floor. Line of site issues and functionality of working floor have all been taken into consideration. Installation when pre-fabs are needed is very efficient because of the pre-fab carrier that can be hoisted onto the rig floor. Time is not wasted rigging in tarping, clamp on rail systems and fighting with folding of tarps.
- Casing Patches at Surface. Our service rig design allows for casing patches to be set at surface eliminating third party equipment.
- Certifying Lines and slings. All lines and slings on the rig are pull tested and tagged as part of Prostar’s dropped objects program.